The Summer Writing School is administered by The School for Young Writers. We ran our first Summer Writing School in January, 2017 with 22 young people attending from around the country. In 2018 we had 32 young people attend. We are excited to be able to offer this opportunity again in 2019.
The aims of the School for Young Writers are:
- To help people develop confidence and individual styles as writers.
- To inspire young writers aged 8 to 19 and show them that writing improves with effort.
- To enable students to succeed in a variety of writing tasks and registers.
- To introduce young writers to the joys and challenges of publication.
- Saturday morning classes in Christchurch based at Hagley Community College.
- After-school workshops: please contact us for details of the days that Workshops are running on, and their locations.
- Workshops in Schools. Exciting 2-day workshops for specially chosen groups of young writers, at your school and in school time. Click here for more details.
- Distance Education. You can study with us via mail, e-mail and g-mail from anywhere in the world. Click here for more details.